FRIENDS POEMS

Thursday 11 October 2012

       

Friends Poems

Friends are special and best friends are unique. friends poems and best friends poems for all those special friends in our lives.




A True Friend

Anonymous
A true friend is the one who picks you up when you fall
A true friend is one that won't lie
A true friend is there when you call
A true friend is there when you want to die
A true friend knows just what to say
A true friend won't care what other people think
A true friend will help you find your way
A true friend will make sure you don't sink
A true friend will help you choose your path
A true friend will know when something is wrong
A true friend has to sometimes face your wrath
A true friend makes you feel like you belong
A true friend is a real best friend.

Best Friend Poem

By Margery Wang
I still remember the first day we met
We were too shy to say much at all
It's funny to think back to that time
Because now we're having a ball!
They say that true friendship is rare
An adage that I believe to be true
Genuine friendship is something that I cherish
I am so lucky to have met you.
Our bond is extremely special
It is unique in it's own way
We have something irreplaceable
I love you more and more each day.
We've been through so much together
In so little time we've shared
I will never forget all the moments
That you've shown me how much you cared.
Friends are forever
Especially the bond that you and I possess
I love your fun-filled personality
Somehow you never fail to impress.
The world could use more people like you
It would certainly be a better place
I love everything about you
You are someone I could never replace.
You are always there for me
When my spirits need a little lift
I cannot thank you enough for that
You are truly an extraordinary gift.
You are everything to me and more
I could never express that enough
Life is such a treacherous journey, and
Without you it would be even more tough.
Our story will continue to grow
With each passing day
Because I trust that with you by my side
Everything will always be Okay.
You are so dear to me
You know I will love you until the end
I will always be there for you, and
You will always (and forever) be my best friend.




A Friend Like You

By Anonymous
A friend like you is like no other friend
A friend like you is a friend I'm happy to have met
A friend like you is a friend I can't scream at or fight with
A friend like you is like having no worries in my life
A friend like you is a friend that I don't want to lose
A friend like you is like being in comfort all day
A friend like you is a friend I always wanted
A friend like you is truly awesome
A friend like you is random and funny
A friend like you is a friend that I love to death and I will never let go
A friend like you is a friend I can tell all my secrets to
A friend like you is like the little brother I've always wanted
A friend like you is like the little sister I've always wanted
A friend like you is like having no dark days because you brighten them up
A friend like you is a friend that opens up my eyes and helps me avoid bad things
A friend like you is a friend who laughs at dumb things I say or do
A friend like you is a friend I am proud to call my best friend.



A Friend From Above

Author: Uknown

 prayed for you before we met,
Not knowing who you'd be.
I asked the Lord to send a friend.
One chosen just for me.
I asked that they'd be Godly,
With wisdom of His ways.
A friend to help and guide me
In the troubles of these days.
So often in life, we need someone
To listen while we talk.
Someone who will not condemn or judge,
But encourage us as we walk.
The narrow road we choose to follow
May sometimes make us stumble.
But to have a friend to catch our fall,
Teaches us to be humble.
When I asked the Lord to send a friend,
Though many came and went.
He gave much more than I ever asked,
For you are the friend He sent.

Best Friend

Author: Anonymous

A friend gives you smile
But a best friend gives you happiness

A friend will lie about you
But a best friend won't tell your weakness

A friend knives your back
But a true friend will slog your face

Thousands friends come when you're happy
But only one best friend comes when you cry

A friend comes when he needs you
But a best friend comes when you need him

A friend leaves when everybody does
But a best friend comes when everybody leaves

A friend comes and leaves
But a best friend is yours forever.

A Friend

Author: Jean Kyler McManus, submitted by Jane March
A friend is someone we turn to  When our spirits need a lift.
A friend is someone we treasure  For our friendship is a gift.
A friend is someone who fills our lives  With beauty, joy, and grace.  And makes the whole world we live in  A better and happier place.

Forever Friends

Author: Uknown
You're my friend and that is true,  A gift that was given to me and you.  We went thru moments that were good and bad,  Even moments that were happy and sad.  You supported me when I was in tears,  We stuck together when we were in fear.
It's really sad that it had to be this way,  But it has reached its very last day.  Miles away can't keep us apart,  Because you'll always be in my heart.

For My Best Friend

Author: Uknown
This is for you, my best friend,  The one person I can open my soul to  Who can relate to me like no other  Whom I can laugh with to no extents,  Whom I can cry with when times are tough,  Who can help me with the problems of my life.
Never have you turned your back on me  Or told me I wasn't good enough  Or let me down.
I don't think you know what that means to me  You have gone through so much pain  And you still have time for me.  I love you for listening even when inside YOU are dying  I look up to you because you are strong,  And caring and beautiful.  Even though you don't think you are.
I hope you know that I am always here  To listen to you laugh and cry and help  In all the ways that I can  I will try to be at least half the friend you are to me.
I hope you know I would not be the person I am today, without you.  My best friend.

My Best Friend

Author: Anonymous
My best friend holds me tight
My best friend kisses me goodnight
My best friend loves me for me
My best friend won't let me be
My best friend wears dark clothes
My best friend loves me loads
My best friend knows when I'm sad
My best friend isnt scared when I'm mad
My best friend makes me smile
My best friend would run a mile
My best friend is sweet at heart
My best friend is also smart
My best friend is really tall
My best friend will catch me when I fall
My best friend doesn't just look skin deep
My best friend is not cheap
My best friend is one of a kind
My best friend has one wild mind
My best friend is in my heart to stay
My best friend might be moving away
My best friend made me cry
My best friend can make me fly
My best friend left a tear in my eye
My best friend just said his last goodbye
My best friend saved my life
My best friend helped me battle the knife
My best friend is honest and true
My best friend just doesn't get the clue
My best friend doesn't count my wrongs
My best friend writes me songs
My best friend will skip school
My best friend is definitely not cruel
My best friend is mine, oh my
My best friend does not lie
My best friend I wished for in the past
My best friend is here at last
My best friend gives good advice
My best friend is so awesome and nice
My best friend doesn't get high
My best friend I have never seen cry
My best friend is so strong
My best friend is almost never wrong
My best friend is too perfect to say
My best friend told me he was moving away
My best friend is in my heart to stay.

I Am Sorry

Author: Uknown
How do I tell you I'm sorry -
With a gesture, a look, a touch?
How is it I never realized
I hurt you so very much?

I do not ask forgiveness,
A comfort I'll never deserve.
I merely want to let you know,
But I cannot find the nerve.

To finally confront you, face-to-face,
To look you in the eye,
To face your wrath, your apathy -
Too terrified to try.

You called me selfish, I turned away,
I festered and I fled;
Cutting and wounding and lashing out,
Just to see if you bled.

Betraying and deceiving you,
I surely had no right
To snatch away such a precious gem;
A dark thief in the night.

Four years and forever passed
To bring us to this day,
When I present these simple words
I never thought to say.

The time has come, it's long past due,
To put aside my fear;
Would this confession torture you,
Or have you longed to hear?

To hear those two forbidden words,
To vanquish all the pain,
To understand my dearest wish:
To know you once again.

The years aged me remarkably,
Though they have not made me wise;
I do know I erred irrevocably -
For that I apologize. 

Portrait Of A Friend

Author: Uknown
I can't give solutions to all of life's problems, doubts, or fears.  But I can listen to you, and together we will search for answers.
I can't change your past with all it's heartache and pain, nor the future with its untold stories.  But I can be there now when you need me to care.
I can't keep your feet from stumbling.  I can only offer my hand that you may grasp it and not fall.
Your joys, triumphs, successes, and happiness are not mine;  Yet I can share in your laughter.
Your decisions in life are not mine to make, nor to judge;  I can only support you, encourage you, and help you when you ask.
I can't prevent you from falling away from friendship, from your values, from me.  I can only pray for you, talk to you and wait for you.
I can't give you boundaries which I have determined for you,  But I can give you the room to change, room to grow, room to be yourself.
I can't keep your heart from breaking and hurting,  But I can cry with you and help you pick up the pieces and put them back in place.
I can't tell you who you are.  I can only love you and be your friend.

To A Special Friend  Author: Anonymous Being a good friend is really an art,  A wonderful talent that comes from the heart.  It's knowing the kind thing to do or to say,  Listening and talking a problem away.  It's being together in good times and bad,  And just with a smile making each other glad.  It's caring for someone and showing it, too.
Thank goodness for special friends -  Friends just like you!

Real Friend

Author: Uknown
A real friend would forgive  If I did something wrong  A real friend will lend a hand  Whenever I'm not strong
A real friend would listen  If I tried to speak  A real friend will accept  Whether I am strong or weak
A real friend would care  If I ever fell ill  A real friend will know  How I really feel
A real friend would always be there  If I need them by my side  A real friend will remember me  Long after I have died
A real friend would be forever  If I even moved away  A real friend will never truly leave  In each other's hearts we shall always stay.

My Best Friend

Author: Geraldine
Best friends are angels,
That God sent along.
They always stay beside you,
Whenever things go wrong.

I'm glad that God blessed me,
With a good friend such as you.
A person to be there,
A person to get me through.

Never turn away from me,
I can't bear to be apart.
All the pain and suffering,
Will be too much for my heart.

You are my best friend,
The one that brightens my day.
The one that cheers me up,
The one that's here to stay.

Thank You, My Friend

Author: warmhrt
Into the dim lit, bare walls of my world,  You entered, bringing light and life to me,  The vivid colors, painted with a swirl  Of wit and charm, of personality,  With tender care, you added comfort, warmth,  And images that line the now bright walls.  I look upon them fondly, bringing forth  A thankfulness that you walk in these halls  With me; our friendship has become a part  Of my world now; it has its special place,  Within my being, life, and in my heart,  Your name hangs right beside your smiling face.  Remembering just how drab these walls had been,  I have to thank you for the light, my friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment